Blaine County Charitable Fund Financial Relief
Frequently Asked Questions

Financial relief awards will be considered, confidentially, based on a set of criteria that was developed by the Blaine County Charitable Fund’s board members.  These awards are need-based, and criteria include access to other resources (such as federal benefits, savings, other relief or support available, etc.), household size, and recent employment changes. There are many ways that applicants can attempt to address their financial crisis before they contact the BCCF.  Applicants should be ready to demonstrate how they have already attempted to address their crisis.

Who can apply for assistance? 

Anyone who lives or works in Blaine County, Idaho.   Applicants should be 18 years or older.  We do not require proof of citizenship.  However, BCCF encourages applicants to access all available local, state and federal resources first. For this reason, we will be referring people to Idaho Housing Preservation Fund as a first step. Renters who do not or cannot qualify for this program can apply to BCCF. 

How do I apply for assistance? 

You can apply by downloading the application from our website and then submitting the completed application and attaching the required documents by email, fax or mail.

I'm not able to print my own copy, where can I pick up a copy?

A secure pick up/drop off box is located at Sawtooth Brewery 110 N. River St., Hailey.

What types of expenses can this award cover? 

This award is intended to help with household expenses that are in immediate need of payment and cannot be deferred or negotiated. These may include health insurance premiums, immediate medical needs such as medication, rent, car insurance payment, or other immediate expenses. 


Can you assist me as a homeowner?

Some circumstances may exist that we would assist a homeowner with a mortgage payment, but we do require that you've already pursued forbearance options with your lender first or applied with the Idaho Housing Finance Association.

I own my own business. Can I still apply? 

Yes, these awards are intended to help with urgent, personal or household expenses. Anyone who has lost work or is struggling with the economic strain, regardless of whether they were/are self- employed, or an employee of a company or organization. These awards are not intended for any business expenses however. 

Can I apply on behalf of my employees? 

Applications for assistance must be completed by the affected individual. 


I have applied for unemployment benefits. Can I apply for a Financial Relief Award as well?
Yes. We encourage affected individuals to apply for and use all resources available, including Idaho Unemployment Insurance and any other federal, state, or community-based assistance or relief options that may be made available. 

Can I apply more than once if needed? 

We encourage you to consider expenses for a one-month period when completing your application. BCCF’s goal is to provide one-time assistance when a unanticipated crisis causes financial hardship.   Only in rare circumstances are exceptions made. If you have received a grant from the BCCF in the past, please contact us before submitting another application. 

I need additional resources, such as food, medications, etc. How can I access them? 

Additional resources and information are available at

Is there a deadline to apply?

Applications are due the last day of the prior week/month for consideration. (i.e. submit application by Friday to be reviewed the following Wednesday or by December 31st for review in January). 

After I submit my application, what can I expect next? 

  • A member of our organization will call you to complete your application by collecting some additional information.  Our goal is to contact all applicants within three business days of our due date. 

  • Please expect to provide verification that you are/were working in Blaine County within the last month, and copies of bills that need to be paid - a screenshot of any documentation will do. Once this is provided, your application is complete. 

  • Applications are reviewed by the BCCF Board of Directors monthly, but during the COVID-19 pandemic the board will attempt weekly review. This review typically (though not always) occurs on the first Wednesday of each month, or the Wednesday of each week during the COVID-19 pandemic.

If an award is issued, how will I receive it? 

BCCF’s policy is to not give cash, or write a check that is payable directly to the applicant. Checks can be issued directly to the landlord, lending institution, or other creditor, and BCCF will ask for those names and addresses when you are notified of the award decision. 

If I have additional questions, who should I contact?

Please call our office at 208-244-2505; a member of our team will be glad to assist you.



Idaho House & Finance-english.jpg
Idaho House & Finance-spanish.jpg

© 2020 Blaine County Charitable Fund Inc.
PO Box 265
Hailey, ID 83333

Phone: 1 (208) 244-5205
Fax: 1 (208) 369-9271
Tax ID: 84-5158057