Mortgage forbearance is much more helpful than rumored

Updated: Apr 22, 2020

Mortgage Forbearance Questions & Answers

brought to you by Blaine County Charitable Fund and Blaine County Title

(Desplácese hacia abajo para leer en español)

Q: If I lost my job due to COVID‐19 and cannot make my home mortgage payment, what can I do?

A: If you have a federally‐backed mortgage (nearly all residential home mortgages fall under this category), you may call your Lender and request ‘mortgage forbearance.’

Q: What is a ‘federally‐backed mortgage?’

A: Any mortgage which is secured by a loan on residential real property (including condominiums) designed for the occupancy of from 1‐4 families that is insured by the FHA, the VA, the USDA, or purchased or securitized by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. (if you are still unsure, you may either call your lender or you may contact the Blaine County Charitable Fund for assistance