top of page

Emergency Rent Assistance Program

Frequently Asked Questions


Households that are in threat of eviction can apply for emergency rent assistance up to three times between January and December of a given calendar year.  In addition to emergency financial assistance, our Bilingual Family Care Coordinators can work with you year-round on financial education topics to support your individual and household goals. 

DEADLINE TO APPLY: BCCF reviews completed applications received twice a month on the 5th and the 20th.  ​

A complete request includes: 

  • An online financial assistance request form;

  • Supporting housing and income documentation; and 

  • A conversation or meeting with a Family Care Coordinator

Who can apply for assistance? 

Those that work and/or live in Blaine County.  We do not require proof of citizenship.  This program supports those experiencing a loss of income/wages or an unexpected increase in expenses. BCCF's financial assistance programs are designed with households at or below 120% of Average Median Income (AMI) in mind. However, we will consider extenuating circumstances. If you have a question about your eligibility, please contact us.

Examples of qualifying median family income










*Income is based on 120% of Blaine County's Average Median Income as of 4/18/22 published by Idaho Housing & Finance Association.


What are the requirements for financial assistance?

Each of the up to three financial assistance requests in a year have different requirements. The requirements facilitate financial conversations to support households working toward greater financial stability. If you need assistance with your request, please call us at 208-244-5205.

REQUEST #1 - CONNECT: Understand your situation and connect you to resources


  1. Submit a financial assistance request online and attach:

    • A copy of your lease or a statement of current rent

    • Documentation of gross household income:

      • Pay stub(s) documenting gross earnings for all wage earners in the household in the past month

      • Other income received in the past month such as Social Security, pension or retirement, public assistance, child support, unemployment benefit statement, any other relevant income (such as letter from employer detailing hours worked and total pay for the past month. 

2.     Engage in a phone consultation with a Family Care Coordinator to understand your situation and connect you and your family to appropriate resources and support.


REQUEST #2 - BUILD: Taking a closer look and setting next steps


  1. Submit a financial assistance request online with the housing and income documentation described in Request #1. 

  2. Meet with a Family Care Coordinator to

    • Complete or review your household monthly income and expense budget and your household’s assets (what you own) and debt (what you owe)

    • Work together to explore resources, options and support services to improve your household’s financial outlook and overall well-being ​

REQUEST #3 - GOALS: Identify specific actions of your choosing to strengthen financial outlook

  1. Submit a financial assistance request online with the housing and income documentation described in Request #1. 

  2. Meet with a Family Care Coordinator team member to:

    • Complete or review your household cash flow to identify options for decreasing expenses or increasing income

    • Work together to identify specific resources, options and support services to pursue in order to improve your household’s financial outlook and overall well-being.

How does BCCF make financial assistance decisions?

Rent assistance decisions are based on your income, family size, and access to other resources. The amount of assistance is based on household gross monthly income and monthly rent. BCCF will pay the difference between 25% of your household’s recent gross monthly income and your monthly rent payment, up to $2,000 a month for a family with dependents and up to $1,000 a month for households without dependents. Special consideration is given to single parent households and people in need of individualized support. 


Can you assist me as a homeowner?

Some circumstances may exist that we would assist a homeowner with a mortgage payment, but we do require that you pursue the resources first.  Please inquire with your lender and/or apply for Idaho Homeowner Assistance.

I own my own business. Can I still apply? 

Yes, these awards are intended to help with urgent, personal or household expenses. Anyone who has lost work or is struggling with the economic strain, regardless of whether they were/are self- employed, or an employee of a company or organization. These awards are not intended for any business expenses however. 

Can I apply on behalf of my employees? 

Applications for assistance must be completed by the affected individual. 


I have applied for unemployment benefits. Can I apply for Rental Assistance as well?
Yes. We encourage affected individuals to apply for and use all resources available, including Idaho Unemployment Insurance and any other federal, state, or community-based assistance or relief options that may be made available. 

I need additional resources, such as food, medications, etc. How can I access them? 

Please access our Rapid Relief application information here.

After I submit my application, what can I expect next? 

  • A member of our organization will call you to complete your application by collecting some additional information.  Our goal is to contact all applicants within three business days of application.

  • Please expect to provide verification that you are/were working in Blaine County within the last month, and copy of lease/rent owed - a screenshot of any documentation will do. Once this is provided, your application is complete. 

  • Applications are reviewed by the BCCF staff twice a month. If you are under threat of eviction, please complete an application and note this in your request.  Please also be prepared to supply copies of eviction related correspondence.  


If an award is issued, how will I receive it? 

BCCF’s policy is to not give cash, or write a check that is payable directly to the applicant. Checks can be issued directly to the landlord, lending institution, or other creditor, and BCCF will ask for those names and addresses when you are notified of the award decision. 

If I have additional questions, who should I contact?

Please call our office at 208-244-5205; a member of our team will be glad to assist you.

Household size
Monthly Income
With dependents/Con dependientes
Without dependants/Sin dependientes
Rental assistance awarded
Monthly rent / Renta mensual
30% of monthly gross income / 30% de los ingresos brutos
Gross monthly income / Ingreso bruto mensual
bottom of page